We offer cooking classes for all ages!
Our cooking classes take place on the second floor of the Covent Garden Market in the Market Kitchen.
Classes take place each month and spots sell out fast. If we don’t have any spots available, subscribe to our mailing list at the bottom of this page to stay “in-the-know” on upcoming classes and dates. You can also gather a group and book a private class.
Who can take the class?
Whether you’re new to cooking or would like to refine your skills, we welcome all ages and culinary experience. We promise that you’ll learn something new and leave with new skills!
Upcoming Cooking Classes
All of our cooking classes are on hold until the new year.
Our third child is due in November so I am taking Mid-September to the end of December off 🙂
However, if you’re interested in booking a private class in 2020, please send me an email and I would be happy to chat with you about it.
For 2020 cooking class information, please join our mailing list below! I should have the winter batch of classes up and open for registration at the begining of December.
Sincerely, Chef Shauna 🙂
Join our mailing list!
By joining our list, you'll stay in-the-know on upcoming cooking classes and news from Live Well.
Book your own class with Chef Shauna
Private classes are great for:
- Book club or social groups
- Corporate groups
- Bachelorettes or groups of friends looking for something fun to do
- Date nights for groups of couples
- Birthday parties
- Fun Family event
If you have a group of 4 -20 people and would like to take one of my workshops, we can work together to make it happen.
To start, fill out the form to get in touch with me, and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can with all of the details and available dates.
- Culinary Skills Workshop
- This is the most in-depth workshop we teach! 3-hours of knife skills, cooking methods, balancing flavours, plating techniques and lots more! Great for all ages!
- All you can eat Sushi Workshop
- Learn all about prep, knife skills and rolling. Then make your own sushi, garnishes and sauces. Finish up with a feast!
- Thai Workshop
- Fresh Rolls with Thai Peanut Sauce, Spring Rolls with Thai Dipping Sauce, Pad Thai and Thai Sundaes with pineapple sauce, peanuts, toasted coconut and flambéed bananas
- Custom Class
- If you’ve seen any of our class menus on the site or would like to work with Chef Shauna to create a custom menu for your group, then please choose “other” in the drop down section and she can work with you to create a custom cooking class for your group.
Lets chat and make this happen!
- The Covent Garden Market Kitchen (up to 15 people)
- In Chef Shauna’s Home (up to 8 people)
- At a home, workplace or venue of your choice (number of people and menu depends on kitchen and space)
- We can send the organizer an invoice for the full amount or we can send out individual invoices to the class participants. Payment can be made via the invoice, by etransfer, cash, or cheque.
- Payments must be made at least 24 hours in advance, so Chef Shauna can plan groceries.
- Private adult Cooking Classes can be booked on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays. An afternoon class would be 2:30-5pm and an evening class would be 6:30-9pm.
- If you are an elementary or high school teacher or non-profit organization, Chef Shauna volunteers her time and brings the ingredients 2-3 days per month. Usually knife (culinary) skills is taught but menu can vary based on number of students/age. These typically book up 6 months in advance.